Monday, July 7, 2008

Footloose... The SCARY Version!

Thursday night, Mom, Gramma, Gramps, and I went to the Wagon Wheel Theater in Warsaw and saw Footloose! It was the first time any of us had been there and we all had a really good time! I can't wait to go back... although I think we will take a different route home...

For ANYONE who has ever watched a scary movie, you KNOW that when you are driving in an unfamiliar town in the middle of the night (I'm a mom of a one-year-old. 11:00 IS the middle of the night), you take the lighted streets! Apparently my mom has never seen a scary movie. We were driving out in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE at 11:00 at night. It was pitch black; no street lights at all. The roads were curvy and there were churches on every block (at night, they looked a little scary). The fog was even creeping across the street!! I swear this is a true story! Then, when mom decided that we were lost (even though I told her SEVERAL times to turn around and go out the way we came in), she pulls up to some farm house where a guy was working in his garage, and yells, "HEY!" ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! You DON'T stop at a house in the middle of nowhere and yell "HEY!" to some guy, who happened to be holding a wrench in his hand!! I told her to say "Excuse me?" and the guy started to walk to our car. I just sighed, slouched back, and accepted the fact that I was probably going to be beaten with his wrench because since we stopped, chances were (because of my scary movie knowledge), the car would not start up again. The man gave us directions and we drove off... Ok, I admit that THIS TIME I was a little wrong. Yes, we should've turned around and went out the way we came in, but no, we were not killed by "Jason's" wrench. Still, you DON'T yell, "HEY!" to a stranger in the middle of the night!!! Come on, Mom!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

ok, i learned my lesson......next time i will just shout, "HEY JASON!"