Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Organized Hoarding?

I'm a card person.  I send card and love to receive cards.  I save cards.  I am slowly working on organizing our storage room and I came across boxes of greeting cards!  I had to find a way to organize them because I simply can NOT throw them away!  It's just something about having the handwriting...

I started with Jaden's birthday cards!

First, I punched holes toward the bottom.  I lined all of the cards up at the bottom left corner.


Then, using my book binding machine, I bound the cards together!  Since the theme of her 4th birthday was Tangled, I put the Rapunzel card on the front.

We can easily look at these anytime we want and they always stay organized!!

You can still read the messages on the inside, too!

It worked perfectly!  I'm linking this to my favorite linky parties :o)


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

11 comments:

amanda said...

what a great idea!!!!

Cecilia said...

It's really a good idea! I should do the same! :)

Cecilia

Hills N Valleys said...

What a super idea! My kids have cards in a box from over the years...uhhh me too. I'm going to try that!

Kelly said...

You're so damn crafty. You need to come spend a day in my office and help me organize this kinds of stuff. Plleeaaaazzeee!!

lala said...

I love this idea for J and T because they can look at them like books. Totally cute! I have boxes and boxes of correspondence from over the years and am totally unable to toss it. Most of it is in letter form, though. I have often thought of scrapbooking the best of those. Hard to get past it being just a thought, though.....

At least I'm skinny said...

I keep most of my cards, too. I love looking back on them and laughing or remembering what my (now dead) grandma's handwriting looks like.

Katlyn said...

Love love love this idea!
I just pinned it to my projects board on Pinterest because this will be a must do project for me! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love this idea too! I am a card hoarder too and the shoe box is running out of room! I still have cards from my high school graduation which was 10 years ago;)

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

omg!! what a brilliant idea!!!
defo be going to do this, as like you i save every birthday and christmas cards and got a massive box filled with them. Pinning it!!!

would love it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday over at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

xxx

Shelly R Wilson said...

Oh so WONDERFUL! I'm sharing this tip on my own blog later today!

Make It Happen Mama said...

Your hole puncher/binding is so fancy! I just use a three-hole punch (bottom two holes) and medium-size book rings. I'm willing to bet yours will last longer! :-)