Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Boogie Man? Already?

Apparently Jaden is now afraid of the dark. We don't know why or what prompted this. Since day one, we have closed her door when we put her to bed because we have wood floors and sound carries throughout the house. We have always opened her door when we go to bed though. Since Saturday, she has not wanted us to close her door. We tried leaving it open but as soon as it gets dark, she cries. Last night we were up until about 2:00 am before we finally let her sleep with Mike in our bed and I slept in her bed. We HAD to get to sleep and that was the only way. Tonight, we are going to try putting her nap cot in our bedroom so if she wakes up, she will be able to sleep NEAR us but not in our bed. I'm also going to go buy a small lamp for her room. We tried EVERYTHING last night! She was not fine unless one of us was there with her.

I go to the doctor again today. I can't believe we are already to our every-2-weeks appointments! I think we have 4 or 5 of these before we start going every week! Time is going by SO FAST! I feel like I still have a ton to do to get ready for her. June is almost over. We'll just have July and August to get through and then we have another baby! Crazy to think about...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds tough!