Thursday, August 13, 2009

One Down, Nine To Go...

I went to the doctor yesterday. It definitely looks as though we are going to have an August baby instead of a September baby! I've been having a lot of contractions (so painful they made me cry on Tuesday night), lower back pain, and a lot of pelvic pressure. The dr. put me on medication to help relieve the contraction pain. He said that he would like to wait at least another week and a half. He said at this point, I am early, but not critically early. Ideally, he wants to wait until I'm past 37 weeks BUT he is not going to try to stop anything that may be happening naturally. I am one cm dialated at this point. I could sit here for another couple of weeks, you never know!

Mike and I are starting to get anxious! We have everything ready! The car seat is in his car, the bottles are washed, the room is done, the cradle is ready. Jaden even helped put books on Taylor's book shelf last night :o) She is being too cute about the whole new baby thing! On Tuesday night when my contractions were starting to become more painful than usual, I was putting her to bed and was on my knees on the floor. I started to get a lot of pain so I leaned over onto her bed. She came up behind me, covered me with her blankie, rubbed my back, and said, "It's ok Mom. Don't cry." Of course that in itself made me tear up :o) She then knelt down beside me and laid her head on the bed like I was. She has also been walking around with her belly pushed out saying, "my baby hurts too, Mom." At night when I am tucking her into bed, she gives Dad a hug and kiss, gives me a hug and kiss, and gives baby (my belly) a kiss. I'm so excited to see her when the baby is actually here! I'm sure she'll be a little momma :o)

So... we are just waiting! This is all new to us because when Jaden was induced, I was not dialated at all. To have this all happening naturally is a neat experience on one hand, but it makes us nervous too. Mike and I are both EXTREMELY scheduled and routined. To be waiting on something to just happen kind of freaks us out. To have the best of both worlds and have labor progress to a certain point, THEN schedule a time to go into the hospital and finish everything would be ideal. I am exhausted all the time now, I feel like I could throw up at any point all day long, and the contractions knock me on my butt at times, but I know this is an experience I will never have again and is completely natural so it excites me! My next appointment is next Thursday. Dr. will check my cervix again to see where I'm at and we'll go from there! Until then, we sit and wait... It looks like my little brother got his way AGAIN! His birthday is 9/28 and said from the VERY beginning that he did NOT want to share his birthday month. By the looks of things, Maxmas Day may be a double holiday now :o)

4 comments:

Dollface said...

Oh my gosh, youre so close!! congrats little lady.... i hope the giveaway goes well! xxxoo

Jenny said...

That is just too cute!!! Jaden is such a sweetheart and will be a great big sister.
This blog needs to be a journal entry for the beginning of a "sisters" scrapbook.

theoriginalplantefamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

I can't believe it's so close! Oh my gosh, I too hope you have some fair warning. Cute hospital bag, by the way!!