Tuesday, June 22, 2010

DMB!

Last Saturday, two of my girlfriends and I headed down to Indy to the Dave Matthews concert!  The high in Indy that day was 93 with a heat index of 110 degrees!!  Needless to say, we were smokin' hot... but you already knew that, right?

We got to the campground around 2:00 only to find that they were not allowing any more cars in!  It was a literal mud pit.  There is a lady that lives across from the campground and charges $20 to park your car in her yard.  She squeezes tons of cars in and makes a killing!  We counted at least 50 when we parked.  I called Shane and asked him to come help us cart our stuff to the camp site.  He showed up with his friend and we all made our way through the ankle-deep mud to the guys' site.

Shane managed to save us a dry spot and we got our tent up!  I was probably the hottest I've ever been in my life!  We immediately poured ourselves some drinks and joined in the DMB pre-party!!

Lori getting a drink after getting the tent set up.


Abby, myself, and Lori... these girls are an absolute BLAST to hang out with!!

Not sure if you can see it, but to the right of the silver tarp showers, a group of people had a slip 'n slide set up.  The funny thing though was after they got to the end of the slip 'n slide, they still slid about another 10 feet in the mud and ended up looking like this: 

We had a great time tailgating before the concert.  I hadn't seen some of Shane's friends since they graduated HS 8 years ago!
Myself and Lori keeping cool in the triple-digit heat!

I never got a picture of it, but Souder was wearing an Army helmet with the DMB fire dancer on it.  It was an actual 20-pound Army helmet.  He had a few too many and stumbled a little, knocking his helmet off, slicing the crap out of my toe!! 


Shane waiting for the shower... one of the few reliefs from the heat.

Did I NOT tell you it was muddy?!  We heard cars getting stuck in this hole all night long.

Mike's co-worker, Sarah, met up with us later in the afternoon.


Abby has Beber fever... Ed Beber, that is!

Shane-O and me :o)


Dave!


"Stella said, 'Daddy when you gonna put me in a song?'"

Raise you hand if you love DMB....

I'm not sure what this is all about...



Of course he sang Sister for Shane and me!

Check out the crowd!!

If this concert makes it to CD, you will most definitely hear us whistling!




A-MAZING performance!


On the way back to the campsite, we saw Little Souder carrying a tiki torch.  The guys started whacking each other on the back of the legs as hard as they could... I'm talking Singapore-style caning going on here!!


Good morning!
Check out those NASTY feet!!  We were pretty dirty...

I wonder why.......??

It was a great show!  I think it was the best I've seen so far.  Tim Reynolds was there too.  It was my first time seeing him.

Here is a Dancing Nancies clip...
Set List:
Big Eyed Fish
Bartender
Stay Or Leave
Sweet Up and Down
Funny The Way It Is
Stand Up
Recently
Sister
Dancing Nancies
Why I Am
Spaceman
Warehouse
Grey Street
You and Me
Jimi Thing
Stay (Wasting Time)

Encore:
Time Bomb
All Along the Watchtower

3 comments:

Dollface said...

DMB concerts are always so much fun!! also, check out your tummy!! you look amazing doll, xxxoo

amanda said...

looks like you guys had a blast!!! i've only seen dave once, but it was for sure one of the best shows i've ever been to. um and yeah, i second the comment about that tiny tummy lady. you need to teach me how you did that after i get this little bun out of my oven!!!

Lora said...

Looks like you had a great time.