Wednesday, October 13, 2010

You want me to call you what??

If I were to have any more kids (I am NOT... ever), I wouldn't name them.  What would be the point?  They would just rename themselves when they are three anyway because they are the boss, right?

As you've probably guessed, Jaden has renamed herself AND her sister.  She will only answer to this name and if I call her Jaden, she will correct me and I have to call her by her new name.  Are you curious?  Jaden's new name is Pongo.  Yes, Pongo... as in Pongo from 101 Dalmatians.
We seriously have to call our daughter Pongo.  People at the grocery store probably think we are nuts!  "Come on, Pongo!"  Or, when we go out to dinner, "Eat, Pongo."  Yeah... it's fun. 

If that wasn't bad enough, "Taylor, put that down!"  "Mom, it's not Taylor.  It's Slinky Dog." 
Last weekend when they were playing, I even heard Jaden talking to Taylor, calling her Slink.  She shortened her new name!

This isn't just at home either.  Jaden... um, I mean Pongo was talking about her friends and she kept mentioning a Perdita.  Come to find out, she named her BFF Alyssa, Perdita!  The other dog in 101 Dalmatians.
Needless to say, there is never a dull moment with Miss Jaden! 

We are off to see Yo! Gabba Gabba! today... I'm sure she will want to be called Toodee or Foofa after today.  Actually, we may get lucky and she will want us to call her Biz Markie!  Now wouldn't THAT be something :o)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

aw, Slink is a cute nick name! :)

Max Teders said...

When she has grandkids, they'll wonder why Taylor has always been called "Slink". I love it!!