1 c. light OR dark corn syrup (I used light)
1/2 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
3 tbsp. butter OR margarine (I used margarine)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. coarsely chopped pecans
1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
1 graham cracker pie crust
Note: The original recipe called for a Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham 2 Extra Servings Pie Crust but I just bought a store-brand, reduced-fat crust. Next time, I'll DEFINITELY get the extra servings crust because it was FULL!
- Combine corn syrup, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and butter to syrup mixture, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture slowly over eggs, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and pecans; mix well. Place pie crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan (for stability). Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 50 minutes, until center of pie is slightly puffed; cool at least 1 hour. The puff will subside, don't worry!
- Top with cherry pie filling and ENJOY!
I'm sharing this with the girls at these linky parties!