Thursday, December 2, 2010

I DID IT!

Can I do it?
Read 10 whole big-girl chapter books from
September 1-November 30?

Challenge accepted.
I did it! 

As a reward for myself, I bought these lovely black boots from Old Navy... because really, I needed an excuse ;o)

It was a difficult task but Mr. James Patterson made it a little easier with his sitting-at-the-edge-of-my-seat mysteries!  Not only did I finish these 10 books, I also watched the movies, Along Came A Spider and Kiss The Girls, based on these novels.  Personally, I thought that deserved two pairs of boots but my paycheck thought otherwise.

The Women's Murder Club series was awesome.  I can't wait until number 9 comes out in paperback!  This series is about Lindsay Boxer, Clare Washburn, Cindy Thomas, Jill Bernhardt, and Yuki Castellano.  They work together over margaritas at Susie's to solve the tough murders of San Francisco. 

The Alex Cross series is proving to be just as good as the WMC series.  Cross is a D.C. detective working high profile cases in the nation's capitol.  I'm only two books into this series and can't wait to read more!

Although I LOVED every one of J.P.'s novels, I think it's time for a change.  I'm dedicated the winter months to some light, cozy girly books!  First, I have a couple of novels to read and review.  Any suggestions on fun, comedic books?  What are your favorites?  Which authors do you like?

5 comments:

Biz Dickmeyer said...

I really enjoy books by Kristin Hannah. Some are girly and romantic and some are just fun.

The Nelson's said...

OMG. I am on Patterson's #6! I will have to check out some of the others in your stack.

Kelly said...

OK, seriously Shan. Between work, kids and crafts, how on EARTH do you have time to read?!?!? I have a whole J.R. Ward series sitting on the shelf next to my bed and can't even stay awake to read them!

Anonymous said...

I am another James Patterson fan and have read all of those! YEA! Great stuff!
For a change, albeit just a little, but much more "girlie", try Janet Evanovich. The Stephanie Plum series is HYSTERICAL! It's still a mystery but with a lot of humor, great characters, and some romance. They are A LOT of fun to read! I also like Harlen Coben although they aren't girlie.
There are a lot more I like but for light-hearted, funny, girlie books, you will be happy with Janet Evanovich.
:0)
have fun!
I'm hoping to get the Castle books for Christmas..the ones that are like the tv show.
~robin

oh...and thank you for always posting great ideas! I love them!

Lora said...

Good Job!!! I like to read books from Sophie Kinsella, Kate Morton and Kristin Hannah.