Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Valentine's Day Heart Wreath

I feel like when I just post a recipe on Tuesdays, I'm slacking in the creative department.  So, this week I'm going to feature a recipe and a crafty tutorial :o)

My mom started this wreath last year, hoping to hang it on her door in February.
I remember her talking about how time consuming it was and how she just wouldn't be able to finish it in time.  I was happy when she handed it down to me to finish and enjoy!  Imagine my surprise when I open the bag and discover that she had about FIVE INCHES left to finish!  That's my mom ;o)

So, here is my tutorial for my 10-minute wreath (that I guarantee will take you way longer!)

Supplies:
Styrofoam Heart
Red Felt
Pins
Ribbon

Step 1: Cut out a bazillion 3-inch circles from red felt.

Step 2: Fold circle in half once... 

...and then twice. 

Step 3: pin it onto the styrofoam heart. 

Repeat steps 1-3 a kagillion times until your heart is covered.


Step 4: Pin a pretty ribbon to the back to hang it from. 

There you have it! 

I hung ours on the inside of our back door so we can enjoy it :o) 
 

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm linking this to my favorite linky parties this week :o)

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Yep, I am mom and that is how I operate! I lost interest in it after spending HOURS tracing and cutting circles. Not to mention the hours spent pinning the circles.
It looks cute on your white door! Now it was well worth my time. Come over to the house and get all my unfinished projects....you could have a new tutorial each week "finishing the unfinished" haha.

Lora said...

It's beautiful! You and your mom did a great job.

Everyday Art said...

I love it! It looks so nice, and I like how you used pins to put the felt on. Good job.
Jaime

Meka said...

I LOVE the pin idea! No hot glue strings to deal with!! It's so cute!!

Melissa said...

I want to do something like this. But I am need to have more time. Maybe later. Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Kristen said...

looks great, but def looks like longer than 10 minutes! I really need some Valentines decorations around the house. It seems like September - December the house is so festive but the rest of the year gets slightly depressing!

Llama said...

That is just awesome! Thanks for the tutorial! Its looks gorgeous!

AllieMakes! said...

Love it! It looks so cozy! And I love your thumb ring!
You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday through Sunday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Life As Lori. I love it, so bright and cheery! The felt looks great and give it some texture!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I had an idea just like this in my little head - but wondered - how long does it take to cut all those little circles? Looks super tho!!

Sassy Sites! said...

This is soo cute! I love that you used pins instead of hot glue. You made it look so easy! ;) Great job!! I found you over at Sumo's Sweet Stuff. I'm your newest follower! :)

Judy Whatilivefor said...

That turned out fabulous! I wish my mom would hand me down mostly done, cute projects :) I love looking at all of the different Valentine's wreaths!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

This is so cute! I don't know if I'd have the patience to repeat the process a kagillion times, but def. cute! Visiting from Made by You Mondays!

Fancy Frills Style Studio said...

Saw you on Skip to my Lou! Love this wreath, I just might have to give it a go!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This wreath looks wonderful! Great tutorial! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week!