Friday, February 11, 2011

The Great Thaw


It's about time we get some above-freezing temps!  Lets hope for some most of these 15 inches to go bye-bye!  I am SO ready for warmer weather.  I think what annoys me the most is the nasty slush and the residue the salt leaves on everything.  I know that with melting snow comes lots and lots of mud, but I don't really care at this point.  I am SICK of the snow.

We got a new dryer.  If we are friends on Facebook, you may remember my status update a few weeks ago, complaining that my dryer was dead.  After a few weeks of doing laundry at Mike's parents' house, we finally got our new dryer!  It's nothing fancy but let me tell you, it is QUIET.  I love it.  When the delivery guys were hauling away the old, dead dryer, a little chipmunk fell out of the bottom.  Apparently the dryer wasn't the only dead thing in our basement... I know, disgusting.  I'm actually still kind of grossed out about it.

I've found my flavor of the month.  It is definitely CINNAMON!  I love that sweet little spice :o)  Folgers has a cinnamon swirl coffee that is A-MAZING.
Also, I have been itching to bake an apple pie.  I don't know why this need is taking over every thought I have.  Whenever I log onto the Internet, I immediately start googling best ever apple pie recipe.  I have never made a real fruit pie from scratch.  Anyone have a great recipe to share?  I think I'm going to make one for the babysitter for Valentine's Day.

I live in Fort Wayne.  Have you heard the buzz that Fort Wayne is getting?  Even Jimmy Kimmel had a high horse moment on the topic.  Here, see it for yourself:
Yeah, people are voting to rename Renaissance Square the Harry Baals Government Center.  I think this is completely ridiculous.  I don't care that he was the mayor.  The only reason this was suggested is because it is Harry Baals.  The only reason people are voting for it is to see if, when it wins, they actually name the building that.  Dumb.  Go here and vote on anything BUT the Harry Baals Government Center.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lora said...

I wish we did live closer, it would be fun to go out for coffee with you. Thanks for the snack ideas. Yesterday I tried peanut butter on apple slices. Jack and I both liked it. I have never made an apple pie. I found this recipe

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/cinnamon-apple-muffin-waffles/

When I was looking for this one for you

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/pies-sticks/

I thought you might like the pie on a stick, fun thing to do with your girls.

Llama said...

I too am SO happy that the snow is finally melting! It is depressing!
Ohhh that coffee looks delish! I must try!