Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nachos Ranchero...Olé

This meal is quick and easy to make after a busy work day.  We especially love it on Mondays... so easy!

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef (I use ground turkey)
1 can baked beans
1 can whole kernel corn
¼ c. barbecue sauce
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. mustard
¾ c. shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream and salsa, optional
7 c. tortilla chips (We like Tostitos Scoops)


I find it impossible to get an appetizing picture of anything with
melted cheese and ground meat.  Trust me, this is delicious!
  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
  2. In a large skillet, cook beef (turkey) over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
  3. Stir in the baked beans, corn, barbecue sauce, ketchup, and mustard; heat through.
  4. Place a single layer of chips on an oven-safe platter.  Spoon meat mixture onto chips and sprinkle with cheese.  Repeat, layering chips, meat mixture, and cheese.
  5. Place in preheated oven until cheese is melted (about 10 minutes).
  6. Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Yum-O!  Enjoy!

I'm linking this to my favorite linky parties this week!

4 comments:

Amy @ Gospel Homemaking said...

We love nachos around our house! Tostitos are our favorite chips, but I never thought about using the "Scoops" in our nachos. What a great idea!

annies home said...

loving this idea I think I will try this soon

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

So you serve this as a meal? Oh, boy do I love this idea. Easy, for sure, but also decadent! I love nachos. Thanks for the great idea and yummy sounding recipe.

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

My mouth is watering! I can't wait to make some myself :)

www.youngnester.blogspot.com