Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Vintage Indiana 2011

Me, Amy, Sarah, Jennie, and Jackie

Last Saturday, four of my girlfriends and I went to the Vintage Indiana Food and Wine Festival in Indianapolis.  It was a blazing 95-ish degrees but we still had a blast!  We sampled wine from 25 different Indiana wineries.  My favorite of the day was the Cayuga White wine from French Lick Winery.  Luckily I bought a bottle right after I sampled it because we went back again and they were sold out!

Winzerwald Winery had an awesome Schweizer Spice wine that tasted exactly like pumpkin pie!  I got a bottle to save for Thanksgiving :-)

Have you ever tried Reggae Wine?  It is made my Easley Winery and is sold in stores (around here, anyway).

They use their wine in a couple of drink recipes.  I took pictures of the recipe boards so I could try these at home.  They both sound so good!
 

They also had hula hoops there... My girls can rock the hoop!!

Between tents, we would go back to our "campsite" and hang out, snack, drink, chat... just have fun!  Mom and Dad also came, along with my aunt and uncle, and two of my mom's girlfriends.  We all sat around together and it was a fun and relaxing time!

Jackie telling Dad for the 5th time that no, she does not live in Fishers and no, she doesn't work at the news station :o)



Jax and I sipping on some Lady Luck... Last time we did this, THIS happened :o)

Mom and Dad

I came home with six bottles!  I can't wait to pop the corks :o)
The one to the far left is the one that tastes like pumpkin pie.  The next one, Cranberry-Apple from Simmons Winery, tastes like Christmas!  Not joking.  Then, I got another bottle of Lady Luck from Carousel Winery.  This one is a basic blush wine.  Next is the Cayuga White from French Lick.  This is a honey wine... SO good!  Finally, I got a couple of fruity wines from Cedar Creek; Pomegranate Zin and Strawberry Splash.  The Strawberry Splash tastes like real, fresh strawberries!
We all had a blast!  It didn't rain on us at all.  I can't wait to go back next year!

2 comments:

Lora said...

Looks like fun? Did you have a drink for me?

Lala said...

I looked up some of those wineries, and Winzerwald is in the tiny town where my grandma was born. I had no idea Indiana had a wine country. Put it on the LIST! (we might need an RV)