Monday, September 26, 2011

Premiere Week: Thursday & Sunday

Thursday AKA The Best Day Ever

Thursday was the season 8 premiere of Grey's Anatomy.  Anyone who knows me knows that Thursdays are my Christmas Eve.  I love this show.  One thing I love about it is that they always have major disasters.  Now, I've never been to Seattle but I highly doubt that all of these huge bad things happen on a weekly basis.  Remember the ferry crash?  The plane crash that ended last season?  Or what about the really weird cases?  Tree boy?  Whatever it is, I love it in a dark and twisty way :o)  This season started with a sink hole the size of Montana.  It was crazy scary and had me worrying about Lala all night long (glad she's ok!) 

Aside from the medical drama, there was the whole relationship aspect that makes Grey's well, Grey's!  Last season left us wondering what would happen between Meredith and Derek with the whole mess of the trial switch and their adoption of Zola.  As it turned out, the chief had to fire Meredith, but seeing as it is called Grey's Anatomy and she is Grey, we all knew she'd be back, right?  In the end, the chief took the fall for her since it was his wife she was trying to help.  She got her job back and started trying to patch things up with Derek. 

The whole Zola situation is still weird.  Personally, I think it will take away from Meredith and Derek as a couple, but what do I know?  I'm only the biggest fan of Grey's in the world!

Cristina found out she was pregnant at the end of last season.  She had planned on having an abortion, but as we saw last Thursday, she was still with child.  She did not put it off because she changed her mind though.  She was waiting for Owen to understand her reasons.  Meredith said it best, “Trying to pretend she loves a kid as much as she loves surgery will almost kill her, and it will almost kill your kid. Do you know what it’s like to be raised by someone who didn’t want you? I do. To know you stood in the way of your mother’s career? I do. I was raised by a Cristina. My mother was a Cristina, and as the child she didn’t want, I’m telling you: Don’t do this to her because she’s kind and she cares and she won’t make it. The guilt of resenting her own kid will eat her alive.”  Wow.  In the end, I think he got it.

I'm not even going to talk about Kepner as chief resident because it is dumb and not funny.  She needs to go.




Sunday
Desperate Housewives started their final season.  Last season ended with the murder of Gabby's sicko stepfather.  The ladies of Wysteria Lane buried him in the woods and tried to go on with life.  Susan is a ticking time-bomb.  She can't face her friends and is having a really hard time not telling Mike.  Bree is still dating the cop guy, and a not-very-good-cop at that if he bought the whole aunt story.  Last night was just eh for me.

Love you girls!



Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments: