Thursday, January 17, 2008

Can You Keep A Secret?

Actually that is just the title of a really GREAT book I've just finished by none other than Sophie Kinsella. It was about the girl, Emma. She was on a plane that she thought was going to crash so, out of terror, she spilled all of her dirty secrets to the guy sitting next to her, who she comes to find out happens to own the company she works for! I don't want to say too much because you should really read it for yourself. I loved it so much, I didn't want it to end! Now, I'm so excited to start her next book... although she changed her pen name. You know, everyone has little, mean-nothing secrets. I know I do. Wouldn't it be crazy if you knew EVERYTHING about someone? Then there would be no thrill in your relationship. There would be no reason to look forward to talking to somebody if you knew everything about them. There would be no little surprises. I'll let you know ONE of my little secrets: hmmm... I get nervous about doing anything that is not part of my daily routine. Even if it is just going out with my friends. I get all shaky and my stomach feels like I'm going to vomit.

Strange things are going on all around me. I saw ants inside at Bisque It and there was a bee in my office yesterday! In January!! Well, I think it's weird.

This week is the slowest week in the history of time.

Oh! Last night I was out-of-my-mind excited because I was watching TV and I saw a commercial for a new Grey's this Thursday! I was ecstatic!! I hurried and told Mike my good news and he had no problem crushing my dreams by informing me that it is not new. But, I swore up and down I saw the commercial... then I quickly realized I was watching a show recorded from last week. Greys was new last week. NOT this week. Sad, sad realization.

Wait! I forgot to flip my calendar!! It is Thursday, NOT Wednesday!!! Maybe this week isn't as slow as I had thought! :o)

No comments: