Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chasing Daylight

I got a hand-written letter in the mail yesterday.  This letter was written by a woman with whom I have been acquainted for many years.  She lives in the town I grew up in.  I never would have thought someone who didn't even REALLY know me would have such wonderful things to say.  This letter was probably the nicest letter I have ever received... not to mention it was hand-written!  Who does that anymore?!?!  I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I shared pieces of it:
 
May 3, 2008
 
Dear Shannon,
    I read with interest the article about you and your acting on you "Life List." So often, we hear what sounds like a great idea - and the thought only lasts a short while.
    But I wanted to congratulate you and Praise God for the fine woman you've grown to be.
    Our Sunday School Class did lessons on "Chasing Daylight" and a few lines from our study remind me of the good deeds you are sharing:
    James 4:17 Anyone then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.
    God gives us many choices - the one right choice is to obey.
    What God can do through a person who's willing to act is limitless.
    It is always right to do what's right.
    I have heard of people buying a meal for a service man - your list goes way beyond that.
    I've met many people thru the years - but always thought "You are special."
    You are considerate, polite and kind to those you meet.
    I pray that God will always bless you and Mike in your marriage.
    Jaden Claire - what a blessing she must be. A year old - I'll bet she's a busy little girl.
    I am honored to know you and wish you well in all of your endeavors.
    God's Blessings.
 
My Life List basically started as a list of dreams I hoped to accomplish some day, should they opportunities cross my path.  It wasn't until recently that I realized that those opportunities weren't ones that would just happen.  I had to start living out my dreams.  That's when I contacted the radio station.  It has all snowballed from there!  I feel very fortunate to be living my dream, as small as they might be.  I feel like I am actually making a difference and not just existing.  It really is a great feeling!  I am not doing this for fame or fortune, but for the sole purpose of doing.  One thing on my original Life List was to make the news for doing something good.  I took that one off because I felt like it was a little selfish.  I wanted to do these things to feel good, not to get the publicity (even though I would have been able to check that one off on Saturday!).  If I am recognized, I hope it inspires people to go out and live life on purpose!!  It really is a great feeling :o)
 
---
 
Enough with the preaching...
 
Last night, I was making muffins for the Layman family and as I was puling the pan out of the oven, I burnt the top of my forearm!  It hurts so bad!!  It really stinks too.  Have you ever smelled burnt flesh?  Gross! 
 
So, Hillary won Indiana yesterday... kinda.  I don't get the whole delegate thing.  Why do we even vote if it doesn't count?  Why don't these super delegate people just vote since really, it is them who decides our candidate.  I need to read up on it more.  I just really don't get it... 
 
Jaden slept through the night in her OWN BED last night!!  Right before bed time, it was really warm in her room.  It was about five til eight so I hurried to the Dollar Store to see if I could get a fan.  Sure enough they had one... and were closing in 2 minutes!!  It is actually a pretty nice fan, considering.  It cooled her room down nicely and offered some nice white noise to help her slip into slumber land :o)  She's such a sweetie!
 
Yuck!  I just had a bug on my hand!!  How does that just happen?!?!

No comments: