Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Life Update...

Well, I had to take Jaden to get her one-year shots last Saturday.  Now I understand completely all of the controversy on child immunizations.  They gave her 5 shots!!  One, that I know of, was a cocktail of multiple vaccines.  She was so sick!!  She had a high fever Saturday night and throughout the day and into the night on Sunday.  Mike and I both took off work on Monday to be with her.  We took shifts sleeping and being up with her one night.  Jaden was miserable.  She cried and cried.  During her bath on Saturday night, she was perfectly fine and then all of a sudden, she started shivering uncontrollably and her poor little lips were turning blue.  I laid her down in the warm water to rinse the shampoo out of her hair and then quickly got her out of the water.  Mike and I dried and dressed her as fast as we could.  After that, I wrapped her in a blanket and just hugged her tightly to warm her up.  Her fever was breaking and she was chilled.  She immediately fell asleep.  It was the strangest thing.  The fever came back during the night.  I called the on-call doctor a couple of times and she assured me this was all normal but I just felt bad for the poor girl!  We took her to the doctor on Monday and sure enough, she was fine!  Actually, she finally ate something today so that's a plus!  I think we finally have the old Miss J back :o)
 
The next thing on my Life List: Learn to Golf.  Mom and I are in a golf outing (STOP LAUGHING!) next Tuesday.  This should be interesting.  Neither of us has ever played before.  It is a golf outing for women only who have never played golf before so it shouldn't be TOO bad... right?  I feel like I have been so successful with every other accomplishment on my Life List, this one is sure to flop.  Ugh!  What have I got myself into?!?!  Wish me luck!  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: