Wednesday, March 11, 2009

13 Weeks










I'm 13 weeks along... as of last Saturday! I can't believe tomorrow marks my three months!! It is going by fast so far :o)

How baby's growing:
Fingerprints have formed on baby's tiny fingertips, veins and organs are clearly visible through still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with the head — which makes up just a third of the body size now. If I'm having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce (this is what BabyCenter says for the AVERAGE baby... my ultrasound last week showed baby weighing 3 ounces already!!)

How my life's changing:
This is the last week of my first trimester, and the risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of my second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside.

No comments: