Thursday, June 4, 2009

Holy Hundred Days, Batman!!

Look up at that ticker! Only 100 days left until we get to meet little Taylor! Mike and I were talking about it last night and we can NOT believe how fast this pregnancy has gone! We have summer left and that's it! Once summer is over, we'll have a new baby! Crazy to think about. I find myself daydreaming about what she will be like. Will she get my curly red hair like her sis or Mike's straight black hair? Blue eyes or brown? Will she be big like J? Will she be fussy? Will she spit up a ton like Jaden did? What will her voice sound like? Will she be as outgoing and dramatic as Jaden or one that stays out of the spotlight? Will she be a picky eater? Do I need to stock up on Karo syrup again for constipation or will we go through wipes and diapers like it's our job? Who knows? All I do know is that I can NOT wait to meet her :o)

Mike isn't looking forward to the late night feedings or the crying. Honestly, I haven't really thought about that part too much. It goes by so fast! Yeah, it will be exhausting having to get up every four hours or so, and yes, I dread the nights when I have to walk the floor with her because she can't stop crying. But when I look at how much Jaden has grown and how fast it has happened, I'm kind of looking forward to starting over again and savoring each moment because it may be the last. We are not PLANNING on having any more kids after this one... we can't have them outnumber us... so those late night rocking sessions are numbered. She will wake up at 3 am one night and it will be the LAST time I get to wake up in the night to feed my baby girl. Yeah, she is getting a lot of her sister's hand-me-downs, but it will be the last time we get to look at those TINY outfits and have a flood of memories come back to us... "remember the time Jaden wore that and..." It's crazy to think of how life changes so fast!

100 days... 100 days AGO was February 24th. That was the week of the Home and Garden show. That seems like yesterday! These next 100 days are sure to fly by. We still have lots to do to prepare. I've started stocking up on diapers and even have a couple cans of formula. I need to get some more fall/winter clothes still. I want to redo the basement so Jaden has more of a play room to be loud in instead of the room right next to a sleeping baby. We need to get a new mattress for the cradle since Ty decided to ruin the one we had. Other that that, I think we are pretty much prepared! It's a lot easier getting ready for the second one. We were CLUELESS the first time around and Jaden turned out ok :o) We are trying to "tame" her a little bit. She tends to be very loud at times and I know it will frustrate the crap out of me to have her wake Taylor. On the other side, I will feel horrible every time Taylor's crying will wake J in the night. I guess that is just all part of having a family!

How will Jaden react to having a new baby in the house? We really don't know how to prepare her. She knows that baby Taylor is in mom's tummy. She knows that Taylor's room is just that, but does she REALLY grasp the concept of having a baby sister? It makes me nervous because we show her SO MUCH love and are constantly playing with her and giving her our full attention. Will she feel like we love her less if we have to split our time? Will she want to help out or will "that's mine!" become her new favorite phrase? Jaden isn't one to play with baby dolls... she is more of an animal girl. I am planning on getting some baby doll diapers and clothes for her to have so she can "help" with the new baby on her own toys. I see her being a little mom to Taylor :o)

I don't think I will have the same first-time-parent worries with Taylor as I had with Jaden. There is a whole new set of worries :o) I'm sure it will be fine. I'm sure it will be easier that I think. I'm also sure that my heart will double in size the day I meet Taylor, just as it did the day I met Jaden. Only 100 days to go...

2 comments:

Dollface said...

Omg yay new baby in 100 days!! sooo excting.... :) xxxooo

Tia said...

So exciting!

I finally got around to taking a pic of the shoes and I somehow deleted your email... can I have it again? I do still have your address though, which reminds me...be looking in the mail!! Package to come soon! I bent the rules just a tiny bit. You'll see when you get the package...