Friday, November 6, 2009

Mexican Cornbread

I made a new dish for dinner last night. I was pretty hesitant to actually make it after buying the ingredients because Mike told me he didn't like cornbread. In his defense, I told him I didn't have to make it... I could make something different. He said he'd try it! It was really good! Even Mike liked it!

Mexican Cornbread
1 box cornbread mix (and the ingredients to go with it)
1 can cream corn
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Salsa

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Brown hamburger. Drain grease and mix in taco seasoning as directed on packet. Set aside.
3) Mix cornbread as directed on box. Stir in 2/3 can cream corn to cornbread mixture.
4) Pour half of cornbread mixture into greased baking pan (I used a smaller glass pan... maybe 9x7).
5) Layer meat, cheese, and rest of the cream corn. Top with remaining cornbread mixture.
6) Bake as directed on cornbread box. I suggest baking a couple minutes longer than the longest time on the cornbread box. The middle was a little runny but not too bad.
7) Top with salsa.

It was really good!! The only thing that would've made it better is if it was served with a margarita :o)

I'm linking this to my favorite linky parties.

4 comments:

Llama said...

yummmy! i need to try this!!

Cherie said...

Yummy! I am going to make this tonight! I am a new follower... stop by and follow me!
http://justcraftytoday.blogspot.com

Jana said...

Yummy! Thanks for linking up over at Giggles, Glitz & Glam!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I love it when I can turn the pouty face upside down by cooking something they enjoy! :)