Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Secret Ingredient is LOVE

Sorry I couldn't show this to you earlier but several blog readers were recipients of J and T's tasty little treat.  Jaden, Taylor and I worked very hard on these puppies!!


I think this is the recipe we used:

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Directions
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

We used Jello Jigglers cutters because 1. we had them, and 2. they were smaller than regular cookie cutters.  Then, instead of frosting them (because I knew we were going to put them in baggies and the frosting would get everywhere), I dipped them in chocolate.


Jaden did the sprinkling!

They turned out great!!




Then, we put one of each in snack sized baggies.  I wanted to make the card the same size as the baggie so it would look like a store-bought package but time got away from me (and I measured wrong didn't measure the width of the baggie first) so I just tied the note to the baggie!


Jaden carried them in her little bag and passed them out to her friends at the babysitters, the employees at the grocery store, and to her grandparents.  Everyone loved them :o) 

We even had enough to fill up our cookie jar at home!

I'm linking this to my favorite linky parties!

25 comments:

Dollface said...

What a great idea for school valentines!! xxxoo

Jenny said...

and they were delicious!!! Jaden was too cute....after she gave me my "LOVE" cookies, she pulls up a chair and says, "Let's eat them!" She ate half the V and was "full" hehe
Thanks for the SWEET valentines!

Drew's Mom said...

Those came out so cute! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly - this is DARLING! What a fun gift idea to do with the kiddos. I'm so glad you linked it up to Tip Junkie, my readers are going to die over it!

Lora said...

Those are so cute! I'm going to save this idea and use it next year.

Elizabeth said...

Such a cute idea!

Kaysi said...

Yummy!! Those are darling!

Helena said...

Those are so pretty! I am envying your baking skills. Thank you for linking up to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Oh My! Those are too beautiful to eat! What a fun gift/valentine's! I need to find me some letter cookie cutters. Thanks for linking up at Whatever Goes Wednesday. I hope to see you back next week!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Yummy and pretty! What a great combination!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day this week!

Expressions by Heather said...

Oh, how sweet- what a great Valentine!

Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful! I can never get my cookies to turn out this beautiful! I am so inspired!

I hold a weekly Friday link party I would love for you are interested.

Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

idesign said...

so cute!! i love this idea :)

-Jackie
http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

Chrissy said...

Oh this is such a cute idea and they could be used for any age group. The look delicious too.
I stopped over from the Show Me What You Got party.

maleahbliss said...

LOVE it! haha! ;) Seriously though, super cute! I'd love for you to link up to my new linky party, Tute {Yourself} Tuesday.
LittleEme.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Very cute! And I like the idea of dipping them. Makes it much easier!

SAHMmy Says said...

Cute! And now I have to buy alphabet cookie cutters...

Lorajean said...

Lovely!

Jane@Little House of Projects said...

These are so adorable!

Melissa said...

I love those! So yummy! I love cookies the most out of everything in the world! Thanks for sharing this super yummy recipe over at Tuesday Tell All!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Yummy, these are true work of art. Thank you for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

nativetexangirl said...

These are just adorable! TFS

daisykl said...

Your cookies are so cute - and I have those jiggler cutters! I've never used them and now I have the perfect use for them - thanks

Unknown said...

These are awesome! What a great way to give someone a little love.. literally! Love them!

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

How cute! I like how you wrapped them up!

Please share this over here: http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/02/project-party-weekend-flavored-lip.html

We would love to have you join us!