Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's 2011!  Every year, I make it one of my resolutions to check something off of my Life List.  I figured, why not get this out of the way on day one of the new year?

Life List #30: Participate in a Polar Bear Plunge

As you can see, it was a little warmer than usual for January 1st.  Those 17 mph wind gusts were something fierce though!

My friend, Candy, was the only soul brave enough to conquer the icy St. Joseph River with me.  This was also on her Bucket List! 

Yes, that is a chunk of ice floating down the river we were waiting so patiently to dive into.



We all sang the Star Spangled Banner and took off running!




It was so cold, it HURT.
I felt like I was having a heart attack.
My chest was on fire.
I couldn't feel my feet.
It may have been the dumbest thing I've ever done...
and I CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN!
I am SO making this an annual tradition!

In 2010, I crossed the following off of my Life List:
6. Plan a major event from start to finish
7. Start my own business
18. Collect all Statehood Quarters
27. Visit the Grand Canyon
35. Place a bet in Vegas

As far as other New Year's Resolutions go, in 2011, I resolve to:
1. Cross something off of my Life List
2. Lose 5-7 pounds
3. Get my freakin' family room ceiling fixed!
4. Read 40 books
5. Complete my 2010 Project Life album

Cheers to a prosperous 2011!

Oh yeah!  I have some winners to announce!  I randomly picked numbers using random.org, of course and the following people have won the featured prizes from my 500th post giveaway:

#15 - Renee wins the party hat and patch pattern from Becca at Blue Cricket
#27 - Jenny wins the charm and chain necklace from Sumo at Sumo's Sweet Stuff
#23 - Nikki wins the car air freshener from Jenny at Bisque It Pottery Painting Studio
#10 - Rachel wins the party hat and patch pattern from Becca at Blue Cricket
#20 - Lora wins the party hat and patch pattern from Becca at Blue Cricket
#7 - Kelly wins the octopus from Lorri's Etsy shop
#14 - Hobbyaholic wins the party hat and patch pattern from Becca at Blue Cricket
#29 - Cheeksb wins the party hat and patch pattern from Becca at Blue Cricket
#37 - Llama wins the gumball coin purse from Alycia's Yummi Etsy shop
#27 - Mrs. Huse Clifton wins Abby's Crafty Mama book

These 10 ladies, as well as the other 19 people that left comments will all receive a printable PDF of my Household Organizational Binder pages sometime this week!

Happy New Year!!

9 comments:

Dollface said...

Polar bear plunge!! That looks fun but FREEZING!!!! I love your list though, I think I should start mine!! happy new year, xxxooo

Kelly said...

I didn't even know we had a polar bear plunge!! That's awesome - and kudo's to you for doing it!

I'm SO pumped that I won something!!! WOO WHOO!!! Thank you Shannon!

Rachel said...

Okay, I'm here in Phoenix and that looks AWFUL! but Kudos on doing it.

And who-hoo for me on the party hat! Thank you for hosting such a great giveaway!

Karen said...

Wow you are brave. Doing a polar bear swim is also on my list one year I will cross it off. Congratulations on doing it!

And I am so happy to see you back blogging after the break. Also for wining a contest. Yeah! My email address is karen_huse@hotmail.com thanks that is such wonderful news.

cheeksb said...

I want to do the plunge some time it seems like it would be great!!

Im so happy I won!!!! and I get the organizational pages!!!!

Thanks

Lala said...

What number on your life list is visiting meeeeee?

I don't think you could pay me to get that river water on my skin, no matter the temp. However, I love the pictures of you!! Congrats on crossing off a goal! What a great feeling!

amanda said...

bbbrrrrr! does that look cold! woohoo for crossing an item off your life list though :-)

Lora said...

Brave woman!! I don't like running into the cold water in the summer LOL. I think it's great that you took the plunge :)

I like my prize :)

Llama said...

You are insane girl!!! Brrrrrrr!

I won?! Whooo hooo! Yipppppiieee!:)
Thank you!!