Monday, March 28, 2011

Crescent Calzones


Ingredients:
½ lb. bulk Italian pork sausage
1 garlic clove, minced
½ c. chopped green bell pepper
1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
¼ c. pizza sauce
½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
1 egg, beaten
Parsley

These three tools are essentials in my kitchen. I'll show you why I love them so!


The first is my Garlic Press from Pampered Chef. I love it because you don't have to worry about peeling the garlic first.  Just drop the whole clove into the press...

...and squeeze the press shut. The garlic comes out perfectly minced!

Open the press and the peel is right there for you to throw away! Since getting this garlic press, I always use fresh garlic... it's just so easy!

The second utensil I use regularly in my kitchen is the Mix 'n Chop from Pampered Chef. This little guy mixes and chops ingredients evenly! I especially love it for ground meat because it chops it so finely. Fort Wayners, think Coney Island or Pizza King style ground sausage... it's that awesome!

Finally, I simply can not cook without my Cutting Board with Measure Cups from Pampered Chef. Before I had this, I found it to be such a hassle to chop my veggies and then get them into the different measuring cups, always making a mess trying to scoop the chopped veggies into the tiny cups. This cutting board is so awesome because it comes with inserts that snap right into the board! They range from one tablespoon to one cup. I love it!

In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.


Stir in bell pepper.

On a greased cookie sheet, unroll dough and separate into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce on half of each rectangle, leaving an edge to seal. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese over sauce; top with one-fourth of the sausage mixture.

Fold dough over filling; firmly press edges with fork to seal. Brush top of each with egg. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake in oven preheated to 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

I served these with breadsticks and pizza sauce.  I bought Pillsbury canned breadstick dough and sprinkled them with Butter Buds and galric powder before baking.

Enjoy!

I'm linking this recipe to my favorite linky parties this week!

13 comments:

Tia said...

Those look delicious! And as a former indiana girl, it has taken me 10 years of not living near a pizza king to realize that good pizza can be found other places.

Lora said...

Yummy!!

Tiffany said...

Seeing this post made me want some.. So I had to go to the grocery store tonight and get all the stuff for dinner tomorrow! Thanks, for the yummy idea!

Jamie said...

Looks yummy! I have been wanting one of those mix and chops for a while...

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Oh YUMMY!I'd love it If you linked up over at the glitter party!!! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/04/running-with-glitter-3-link-party.html

Anonymous said...

these look super yummy! can't wait to try to make them!

<3becky
justbeckause.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All!

Melissa

MyCraftieLife.Blogspot.com

yvette said...

Your crescent calzones look delicious! What caught my eye is the very different packaging we have around the world. The taste is the important factor...and these sound delicious with the added mozzarella in your Italian mix calzone! @ yvettes twistedvines

Anonymous said...

Those look awesome...really awesome!! I love spinach and feta calzones - I may have to get me some dough and go to town!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday.

Oh, and if you haven’t done so already - don’t forget to pop on over to Little Brick Ranch to enter the GIVEAWAY!!! I’ll give you a hint...Homes, Food, and all things Frugal!!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Oh my, those look so amazingly delicious. Alas, we have to do gluten free here. Thanks so much for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

Happy Home Fairy said...

Girl, you just helped me figure out dinner tonight!! Thanks a million for the delicious recipe! The Happy Hubbys is going to go bananas over this! And that garlic press is GENIUS. I've always used the jars of minced garlic, but now I may need to change my ways! Thank you for some great tips!

Jamie said...

looks yummy, I will have to give this a try...

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Mmmm, they look delicious! Can't wait to try them out!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda