Thursday, April 21, 2011

Let the celebrations begin!

What a great birthday!  Yesterday morning, Jaden got to open a present from Taylor.

She got an Ariel friend!

 

Then it was time to go to daycare.  On the way there, we always pass an elementary school, a high school, and the preschool where Jaden will go in the fall.  As we passed the elementary school, she was telling Mike and me (like she often does), "That's where I'm going to go to school when I'm five." 
Then we passed the high school, "That's where I'm going to go to school when I'm big." 
Finally, preschool, "That's where I'm going to go to school when I'm four."
I said, "Jaden, how old are you?"
She replied, "I'm three."
"Jaden, how old are you?"
"Mom, I'm three!"
"Jaden, what is today?"
"It's my birthday!" Wheels start turning... "MOM! Wait! Where are you going?"
Knowing where this is headed, I replied, "We're going to Annie's!"
She yells, "No, Mom, STOP! I'm four!  I have to go to preschool!"

After her celebrations at daycare, she came home and got to open a couple of presents from Mom and Dad. 
 
A Jessie shirt!

And a Rapunzel doll!!



Gramma J stopped by to wish Jaden a happy birthday and brought a gift from her and Grampa Max.

 
Princess dolls!



For her birthday meal, Jaden got to pick her most favorite thing for me to fix... PASTA!  She loves mostaccioli pasta with butter and Parmesan cheese :o)  Mike, Taylor, and I had ours with red sauce.


She loved it!


After dinner, we went to the mall for more surprises!

The girls played in the play area... 

Threw pennies into the fountain... 


Rode the carousel... 

...and had dessert.  Mike and I had Auntie Anne's pretzels but Jaden wanted a chocolate bar from the candy store.

Then, we headed to Build-A-Bear!  Jaden picked out the glittery cat.

She got a special sticker since it was her birthday. 

Then, she stuffed her cat... 

Put a heart in her cat... 

Gave her cat a bath... 


And picked out a special outfit for her cat... that she named Fairy. 

She LOVES her new friend! 

Jaden had a great birthday yesterday :o)  After all of the activities, she was EXHAUSTED!  After we had put her to bed, she called Mike back in just to tell him thanks again for everything.  She is such a sweetie :o)

This weekend, we are having a party with our families to celebrate 4!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! what a GREAT birthday!!!
That's what it is all about....letting her to all the fun things SHE loves!!
And I love that she loves the simple things!

Lora said...

What a fun way to spend a birthday!

Gill Family said...

HOW FUN! Where did you get that Jessie shirt? My daughter is obssessed as well :)

Shannon said...

We got the Jessie shirt at the Disney Store.

Biz Dickmeyer said...

Definite Mom of the Year! You should write a book about being an awesome mom. Maybe that is how you could make it big and quit your day job?

amanda said...

you are such an amazing mommy!! hope you guys have tons of fun this weekend!

Kelly said...

Awww... It looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Birthday Miss J!! You have grown up SO fast!!

Tia said...

We are doing the same thing for Ellie tomorrow. Build a Bear! Looks like she had a great day!

Kristen said...

sounds like she had a GREAT birthday! Lucky girl! You guys are great parents, have fun at the big party!

Anonymous said...

I looove your daughters!! :)
Cecilia