Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shanterest: Ideas for the Home

Ideas for the Home

Well, we have a meeting with our realtor in two weeks to get our house listed!  I am so excited, but also very overwhelmed.  A growing family can really accumulate a lot of crap in almost six years!  I've been boxing things up and clearing out our cluttered spaces.  I can probably think of a million things I'd rather be doing, but the end results look so enticing!  Obviously I'm already getting ideas for our new home (no, we haven't found one yet).  If I was able to browse Pinterest during the day, I'd be pinning these terrific ideas to my Ideas for the Home board!

I love the look of the built-ins!  I definitely need to have more shelf space for all of my books!



Here is another one... Love it all!  From the shelves full of books to the kitty on the couch, it's perfect!



I like everything about this space.  Mostly, I like the idea of having a small wall painted entirely in chalkboard paint and hanging an empty frame on it.  Very creative and we all know I loves me a good chalkboard!



It is my dream to have a barn-style door like this going into the master bathroom.



First of all, who wouldn't want a kitchen like this?  I really love all of the contrasting elements in this space.  I like the clean, white cabinets with the natural look of the wood on the island.  I like the modern lighting paired with the old farmhouse-style sink.  



I really love the sense of family that this kitchen has.  I like the idea of a booth and would KILL for a water spigot over the stove!



I really like the dark gray here.



I really like the idea of having a mini office in the kitchen.  I spend most of my time in the kitchen and this would really make blogging and recipe searching easier!



I would like to have glass-front cabinets.



This would be a fun idea for Jaden's room... only in pink, of course!  



My girls would LOVE a stage for all of their performances!



A girl can dream, right?  I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but I just can't help it!  I am so ready to find a bigger space and relax in a new home.  Any advice on what I can do to sell my home faster?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I LOVE your ideas as well. These are all great!
Advice for selling from a girl who used to work for a big realtor - update your lighting fixtures and faucets, if needed. Those two things alone can make or break a sale.