Tuesday, June 26, 2012

30 Things: 3 Fears

2. Describe 3 fears, and how they became fears.
This little guy isn't so scary!

This is a tough one. I only really have one fear: DYING.  Ugh... I get chills just thinking about it.  I fear not ever seeing my family again. I fear missing out on the girls' futures. I fear what will happen to my body when I die.  As crazy as it sounds, I can't decide if I want to be buried or cremated because I'm afraid of dark, enclosed spaces, and I'm afraid of fire.  I know, I know... I won't be alive so why does it matter?  I don't know!  That is why it scares me!  I'm changing the subject because I feel like I might vomit if I think about this any more.

Other things I'm scared of, in no particular order, are:

  • Spiders
  • Snakes
  • Flying
  • Dark, enclosed spaces
  • Fire (not like a bonfire, more like a house fire)
  • Drowning
  • Oceans
  • Tornadoes
  • Driving on the highway
  • Pretty much anything that could cause my DEATH.
I'm not really sure why these things became fears... Maybe just common sense?  I do know that in the same year, I saw the movie Titanic and also a National Geographic documentary about seals, and the image of them eating penguins has stuck with me.  Since that year (1998 maybe?), I'm scared of the ocean, BUT Titanic is totally my favorite movie!

So, I guess if I'm following the rules of this post, I would have to say that my top three fears are:
  1. Death
  2. Burning alive
  3. Sinking on the Titanic
---
Stay tuned for 3. Describe your relationship with your parents.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I think you should have ranked, "being eaten by seals" as #2.