Tuesday, August 27, 2013

71 Projects: Owl Art

Project 10: Owl Art
Total Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Total Cost: $0

The girls have their own bathroom. It is a fairly good size and is a great space for them! The previous home owners left their shower curtain and honestly, it looked very nice! I just wanted something a little more colorful and cuter for the girls.


I went to a friend's house and saw that she had an adorable owl shower curtain in her bathroom! It was perfect for what I was looking for for the girls.


It matched the existing wall color perfectly!  The only problem was that it made the rest of the bathroom seem very bare.  The wall space between the mirror and the shower curtain now looked huge!


I decided to make a little artwork to hang there!  I went to my craft room and gathered some papers that matched the colors in the shower curtain.


Next, I traced one of the owls.


Then, from that tracing, I traced each individual shape and then cut them out.


I used the cut-outs as templates to trace onto the paper I chose to match the shower curtain.




After I had all of my pieces traced and cut out, I glued them to white cardstock.



Then, I wrote a couple of reminders for the girls, framed them, and hung them in the bathroom!




I LOVE the way they look! They are the perfect space filler for that wall.


In case you were wondering, I did make some for my friend that has the same shower curtain :-)  Thanks, Kalie!


Keep track of all of my DIY projects by clicking on the DIY Directory tab at the top of my blog!



Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both the curtain and your artwork are very pretty! :)
Cecilia

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Your artwork is so cute and fits perfectly with the shower curtain! Love it!

amanda said...

cute, cute, cute!