Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Life List Experience No. 46

I am so excited!  Everyone will need to tune into 95.1 next Wednesday (March 19th) morning from 5:30 to 9:00 am to experience with me number 46 on my Life List.  Here's how it all went down...


Dear Dirk & Jeannette, 

After the 9/11 attacks, there was a woman on the Oprah show talking about her daughter who was killed in NY on that day.  Even though I had never met her (I don't even remember her name), she inspired me to change the way I look at life.  This girl created a Life List.  The list consisted of things she wanted to see, achieve, accomplish in her lifetime.  After that episode, I decided to create my Life List.  Now, I have not seen the movie that recently came out that is based on a "Bucket List."  I actually started my list a few years ago.  My list is NOT a bucket list.  My list is about living.  These are things I want to do in my lifetime, not things I want to do before I die.  That may sound the same to you, but to me they are two completely different things.  I am focusing on living my life to the fullest and experiencing and accomplishing things that I have only dreamed of, no matter how big or small.  I will have something to look forward to for many years to come. 

Now, I need your help!  Number 46 on my Life List is to be a radio DJ for a day.  I've always found radio fascinating and entertaining.  I think it is one of those things most people take for granted.  I listen to you two every morning and MAJIC all throughout my work day.  Some things you say stick with me for a long time.  I want to have that affect on people.  I have always wondered what it would be like to just have an open conversation for all to hear over the radio.  I don't know if you ever let ordinary, non-famous people join you in the studio or not.  If it is possible, I'd like to share an experience off of my Life List with you two by being a part of your morning show for a day.  Please let me know if this is at all possible. 

Thank you both so much! 

Shannon McClure


Shannon,

What kind of people would we be if we didn’t help you with this!!!  When do you want to come in?

 Jeannette


Oh my goodness, thank you so much!  Any time that is convenient for you both!  You tell me :o)  Wow, you have made my day!

Shannon


Do you have a morning available next week.  We are on from 5:30 until 9.  We both get here about 5 to start prepping for the day – of course you wouldn’t have to be here the whole time – what ever YOU want – it’s your list!! 

Jnet

1 comment:

amanda said...

Look at you lady! You're going to be on the air - do they offer streaming audio? If so, I'll have to listen while I'm at work. I think your Life List is such a wonderful idea - I really like what you said about it being your goals for life, not a to do list before you die. You've really encouraged me to get back to my Life List - I had one, but have ignored it for a long time. Thank you for posting this - good luck next week. Radio is SO much fun, I really miss my job at the station some days.