Monday, April 14, 2008

A fresh start...

What a freakin' week...
 
Be glad to know that my head is back to where it should be.  Last week was quite possibly the worst week ever.  I was SO stressed and anxious, I swear I about had a heart attack.  I was so miserable.  It has actually helped me out in the long run because I now look at things from an outsider's point of view.  I've just decided to be at peace with myself and my surroundings.  I am exactly where I want to be and I need to focus on the best things in my life; Mike and Jaden.  Sometimes I feel like my mind is rebelling against me.  I've decided to change a few things in my life to reduce stress.  I need to get my priorities straight and just RELAX!
 
Speaking of stress, I made a major purchase yesterday and it did cause a little bit if anxiety and stress... I have avoided buying this item for a long time.  The last time I made this purchase was about 8-9 years ago.  Sunday, Mike and I bought....... a new bathroom scale :o(  I was so nervous because everyone who has stepped foot on my old scale told me it was off and weighed them LESS.  NOT what I want to hear.  So, I have avoided buying a new one for a long time because I did not want to face a higher number... dumb, I know.  Well, we bought a new one.  A digital one...very scary.  I was actually pleasantly surprised!  It was only 1.5 pounds heavier.  I can live with 1.5 pounds.  I honestly thought I would step on the scale and instantly gain like 10 pounds.  Who ever decided that it was ok to weigh oneself?  Now that I think about it, it does seem pretty dumb.  Why exactly do we need to know how much we weigh?  It is obvious to tell when one is unhealthy; over or underweight.  Why do we need to associate a number with it?  I feel like if I didn't know how much I weighed, I would be ok with the size I am.  BUT, since I have to look at that number on that scale, I apparently feel the need to make myself smaller... It doesn't make much sense to me!
 
Speaking of smaller, I think my bra is suddenly too big... It's kind of weird because It wasn't too big the last time I wore it.  I have it on the tightest hook and it still feels loose... Sorry to get so personal but it is my blog...
 
Jaden's birthday is Sunday!  We are really excited.  Ty's birthday is actually tomorrow but lately he hasn't been birthday present worthy.  You know, I do love my cats, but sometimes I just get so mad at them.  Last night, Jude was crying for no reason at all.  It made the muscles tighten up in my neck.  He actually woke Jaden up and then I was really irritated.  It's always something.  Anyway, we have a party planned for Jade's birthday.  I hope she is pleasant.  She has been very moody lately.  Everyone tells us that we were just spoiled for the first 10 months and now she is acting like a normal toddler.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
 
10 more days...
 
Happy Monday everybody!  Have a great week and try to change one small thing in your life to reduce the amount of stress and anxiety YOU carry :o)
 
Luv yous! :o)

No comments: