Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I need your help!

          Hello friends!!
 
Did you ever watch Oprah's Big Give?  Well, Majic 95.1, a radio station here in Fort Wayne, is doing this on a smaller scale. They are giving teams $100 to start with and we have to see how far we can stretch this money and how we can give it away.  My mom and I are on a team against huge organizational teams, so we are the underdogs!  We are giving to the non-profit organization, Kate's Kart. They take new children's books to area hospitals to give to the sick children. This organization was started in memory of 18 month old Baby Kate who died in January from heart failure. You can read her story at  http://katelaymanjourney.blogspot.com/  Or if you want ALL the details, day-by-day updates, you can read their family's blog, starting from the beginning, Wednesday, May 2, 2007:  http://layman4.blogspot.com/2007/05/lets-give-this-try.html  CAUTION!!  You WILL cry uncontrollably!  So, I'm emailing you asking for a donation to help!  We are accepting NEW children's books, cash to buy books, and gift cards to Borders and Barnes & Noble.  We have a limited amount of time to do this in so if you want to donate, you can order them online and ship them to my house  (email me for my address) or there might even be a way for me to pick them up in store. If you live in Fort Wayne, you can just give your donation to me!  Please pass this on!  Like I said though, time is very limited. I don't know the exact deadline yet and will let you know as soon as I find out.  Thank you so much for at least reading this and passing it on!!

No comments: