Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Weekend... Definitely one to remember!!!

We had such a WONDERFUL weekend! Mike and I agree that we wish we had more "family" time like we had this past weekend. It was so much fun!
Sunday we went up to the lake. Last year, Jaden was so tiny so she didn't get to enjoy the spring/summer weather like she can this year. She was a little unsure about playing outside at first. She didn't want me to put her down. It wasn't long until she was walking around the deck though! We kept the sunscreen on her and she LOVED being outside (first picture)! It's a little more relaxing for Mike and I when she can play on her own and doesn't need 100% of our attention. She was just too cute with her little sun hat though! Marissa brought her Baby Alive and Jaden just thought it was the neatest thing! Personally, I thought it was a little creepy. It reminded me of Chucky from Child's Play... Jaden will never have one of those babies! Gramma Karen and Grampa Ron got Jaden a swing to hang from the tree at the lake. She didn't like it :o( She is very nervous about being suspended. She is TERRIFIED of the changing stations in public restrooms. I think she has a feeling that she is going to fall... I have a HORRIBLE story about one of those changing stations!! I'll get to that later though. Anyway, she hated the swing. We stuck her in it long enough to get a couple of pictures... Sorry Miss J! Karen made the BEST margaritas I have ever tasted! I would share the recipe but instead, I am going to make you invite me over for margaritas in order to try them. Usually I like them frozen but these were DELISH on the rocks! Yummmm!!! The recipe actually came from the "old ladies in Florida," also known as Ina's friends :o) Those "old ladies" know what's up! Cheers!

The boat ride, although a little chilly, was fun. I was actually surprised that Jaden liked it as much as she did. She was a little scared at first so I held her but she got used to it and had her dad to cuddle up to, so she was fine. She's such a daddy's girl (picture 4)! She didn't even mind her life jacket! I thought she would have a fit for sure! She SCREAMS whenever I even pick her bike helmet up so I thought this would be the same. I guess not though! She enjoyed the ride :o)

After the boat ride, we had Gramma Karen's homemade ice cream! Jaden LOVED it! She even fed herself (picture 7)! She tried to snatch a little from me after hers was gone... I shared (picture 8)!

We thought we would lose her on the way home for sure! The drive is about 45 minutes and after being outside all day, Jaden was tired! She didn't sleep a wink though (that was actually a good thing because we wanted her to go to bed good). She just looked out the window and enjoyed the drive! We got home, gave her a bath, and put her to bed. She was OUT almost immediately. All in all, it was fun!












No comments: