Friday, June 6, 2008

Bird's Eye View

Gosh, I don't even know where to start...

I got home from work today and pulled up to my house. I noticed that there was a little bird in my parking spot along the curb. I pulled up slowly and he never flew away so I backed up a little and honked my horn, hoping to see him fly away... nope. I drove up again slowly. Still nothing. I didn't want to run him over so I went around him and parked a little farther up than I normally do. I got out of my car and walked around it to make sure I didn't run over the bird and I noticed that it looked like he didn't have a head! He hopped a little bit when I honked my horn so I knew he was alive. I got a little closer and saw that he did have a head but it was upside down! I didn't really know what to do because I figured he had fallen from the tree and broke his neck. Poor guy was probably in pain! I just went insode because I really didn't know what to do... I probably should've called the humane society.

We had to run a few errands and were gone for a few hours. When we got home, the bird was still there! I jumped out of the car as we were pulling into the driveway. I HAD to take this poor thing's picture because I KNEW nobody would believe me.

So here he is... poor thing. I just feel so bad for leaving him out there ESPECIALLY during the horrible storm we got tonight. I just hope that (I know this sounds bad) maybe he died and is not suffering anymore. Poor thing :o(

2 comments:

Jenny said...

oh my....Shannon you are still rooting for the underdog! or should i say underbird?
Reminds me of when you were in school....you always befriended the little girl that had no friends. How many times did i have to drive to a new friends house first to see if it was ok for you to visit them? More times than not it was better idea for your new friend to come to our house.
And then i will never forget the one slumber party you insisted on going to because no one wanted to stay all night with "the-girl-that-had-no-friends."
ok, maybe its different, but just brought all that to mind.
Maybe a little bird friend took care of your broken bird. ;)

amanda said...

i must totally agree wtih gramma j - you were my first friend when i moved to indiana and i was the icky looking weird new girl - it was a really rough time for me - but i made it through because of your good friendship... you have one of the kindest hearts and i'm so glad we've gotten back in touch after all these years.