Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spotty Dotty Ladybug

I know I'm a little late on updating you on the past weekend. It was a good one! We played outside with Jaden. She LOVES bubbles :o) Then Mike and I took her on a walk in her wagon. It works a lot better now since Grampa Ron "fixed" the wheels. We thought they were on wrong because the wagon shook like crazy! It was so stinkin' annoying! We saw another wagon like hers at the zoo and I SWEAR the wheels were on the opposite sides... The directions showed that it had actually been put together correctly. I think it is just a defective wagon. Anyway, it is working just fine now.

Saturday, Jaden and I headed to Garrett for a couple of hours with Gramma Pat. We stopped at Cookie Cottage first to get her a little get well snack. Jaden got to sample a snicker doodle cookie :o) I guy came is as she was chewing it and asked if she had gum in her mouth... Think about it guy! We're IN Cookie Cottage.

Sunday was SO HOT! I got Jaden's pool out in the morning and we both got our swimsuits on and headed outside to play while Mike mowed the lawn. It took FOREVER to blow up her pool (yes, I used an air compressor). I got a few inches of water in it and stood in it with Jaden. As soon as I touched her feet to the water, she let out a little yelp and lifted her legs up like a frog. The water was COLD! Then, she started pointing to the door and saying, "this!" So... she wanted to go inside. We went in and she finished her breakfast (yes, we were out EARLY) and then decided she was tired. I put her down for a nap and went back outside to get some sun. By the time she finally woke up, it was time to go to Gramma Ina's for lunch. After that, Mom and Dad came over to deliver our new table... so much for the pool. We dumped it and put it in the shed. Next time, I'll put water in it and let it sit and warm up before we try getting in it.

Well, I'm sorry to tell you that I did nothing to save that little bird and it died :o( It survived the storm that night and was still alive and chirping (or is it peeping? Tweeting?) away the next day. I noticed later that day that a car had hit it and it was dead in the road. Poor little guy!

I made some new (unwanted) friends. My office is infested with bugs! They are so gross! I step on them, then spray them with bug killer, and then sweep them up! It was getting pretty disgusting. I was just working away when one fell from the ceiling and landed on the paper right in front of me! I, of course, screamed and made one of my co-workers kill it. I HATE bugs! The exterminator came today and sprayed. Hopefully my problem will be over and I will be bug-free! We will see tomorrow!

I finished the BEST book! It is called, "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin. I could NOT put it down. It was about Rachel, a NY lawyer, and her friend, Darcy. Darcy was engaged to marry Dex, one of Rachel's college buddies. Then, the night of Rachel's 30th birthday party... I don't want to give anything away because I think you should read it!! I'm reading the sequel right now, "Something Blue." There are two more in the series after this one. I can't wait!!

Last night, Mike and I were getting dinner ready and Jaden was in the kitchen with us, playing with her magnets on the fridge. She was standing up to the fridge and had her juice cup in her right hand. Then, with her left hand, she grabbed a magnet and just stood there, not holding on to anything! I don't even think she knew she was doing it. Then, she just started drinking her juice with the magnet still in her left hand! I KNOW she can walk on her own... I just don't think she is confidant enough yet. She does however, LOVE to walk around the house if she has a hand to hold onto. Mike said they just made laps around the house all day today... sounds like fun... Sorry I didn't get any pictures of that moment. I was too busy grabbing the video camera. So, if I ever have time (haha!!) to sit down and learn how to get video from my camera to my computer, I'll put it on here. Don't wait on me though... it may be a while!!

One thing I DID get a picture of was Jaden drawing me her first picture! She is quite the little artist! The final product is adorable :o) I want to frame it and hang it on my office wall. Don't you love how she sits indian-style! Well, that's about it for now! I think I'm going to go to bed...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

wow....look at the concentration while she is drawing!! That just might be my new favorite picture!!