Monday, July 21, 2008

Second Chance by Jane Green

Second Chance by Jane Green was one of those kind of books that didn't quite grab me at the beginning, but kept my interest throughout.  It seems like a lot longer than two weeks has passed since I started it though.  The story was about a group of friends that grew distant since graduating high school.  They all went their separate ways but still had one thing in common; their closeness to mutual pal, Tom.  When Tom suddenly dies in a terrorist attack, the friends get together to reminisce.  Tom was the glue that held their group together and even though he was no longer there, he brought a once tight group of friends, closer together than ever before.  They all grow together and involve each other in their daily lives filled with excitement and DRAMA.  I didn't like the ending AT ALL.  It was very abrupt.  The stories of the different characters were quickly wrapped up.  One of the main characters was even left out... I still don't know what happened to him!  I give it ***1/2 out of 5.  It wasn't bad, it just wasn't the best.
 
Next is Angels by Marian Keyes.  I've read this author before and loved her so I have high hopes!!  I'll blog Angels on August 4th.

No comments: