Saturday, January 9, 2010

Party Food!

I hope you are enjoying the party! Can I interest you in an appetizer?

Swiss Cheese Dip

Ingredients
EQUAL PARTS EACH:
Mayo (the real stuff with all the fat)
Sweet Onion
Shredded Swiss Cheese

1. Mix above ingredients.
2. Bake at 350 until melty.
3. Serve with Tostitos Scoops.

It really is THAT simple! I know it sounds kinda odd, but it will be the recipe that EVERYONE will ask you for... even those that "don't like mayo!"

Or maybe you are more of a chips 'n salsa type?


The WORLD'S Best Salsa


Ingredients:
3 medium plum tomatoes
¼ onion
1 T. cilantro
½ t. salt
¼ lime


1. Quarter tomatoes and remove all of the seeds and goop.
2. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT lime in food processor (or Ultimate Chopper if you are lucky enough to have one!) and chop to desired consistency.
3. Squeeze juice from lime into salsa and stir!


OR, my personal fav:


Frank's RedHot Buffalo Chicken Dip


Ingredients:
1 (8 oz.) brick cream cheese (I use fat free)
½ c. blue cheese dressing
½ c. blue cheese crumbles
2 cans (12.5 oz. each) white chunk chicken breast in water, drained
½ c. Frank's RedHot sauce (I add more... I like it HOT!)


1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
3. Mix in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
4. Bake 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir.



I like to put mine in a mini crock pot. In that case, combine ingredients as directed above. Place mixture into small slow cooker. Cover pot. Heat on HIGH setting for 1 ½ hours until hot and bubbly or on LOW setting for 2 ½ to 3 hours. Stir.


Oh yeah, comment for a giveaway ;o) No, I'm not sending you cheese and mayo!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

all those recipes are simple AND delicious!!!
(seriously, elizabeth, you won't know its mayo!)
warning: the buffalo chicken dip is HOT! (translates to medium for Max, Shane, and Shannon)

Pat said...

I'm always glad when you're coming to my house 'cause you bring one of your delicious appetizers. I sure am enjoying the B'day party! Glad you invited me.

Elizabeth said...

Well now I know it's mayo...but I'm sure other people will love the recipes when I make them.

Tia said...

This is so much fun! I want some of the cheesy dip please. I will be right over.