Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Maybe I'M a man... Bring on the rumors!

Let's set the stage... I'm sitting in the break room at work trying desperately to get into my book and enjoying a cup of semi-warm coffee when talk of Idol out in the lobby makes my ears perk up.  I have been a die hard Danny Lee (still a little bitter) fan since day one.  I think he is awesome.  Last night made me smile and as Mike said, "Let me guess, this melts your heart?"  Absolutely, babe!  Back to Idol chat... My co-workers were talking about the fact that Crystal sang Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney.  Here, see for yourself:

Awesome, right?  Well, people I work with think that (not even quite sure how to explain this because it is so idiotic) Crystal didn't change "Maybe I'm a man" to say "woman" because Ellen chose it for her?  They think that because Ellen is gay, she chose a man's song for a woman to sing.  Rediculous.  Personally, I believe that Crystal didn't change it because it's a Paul freakin' McCartney song and you don't mess with perfection.  Who gives a crap if she said "man"??  Yeah, I'll bet she was really taking into consideration Ellen's sexuality when she sang that.  Idiots, I tell ya!

Just in case you missed it, here is my heart-melting action:

See Simon's face at the end??  He's like, "Told'ya!"  He's winning, for sure.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

LOVED Lee's final performance!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I have a HUGE crush on Lee DeWyze. He is so freaking amazing. He's NEVER been in the bottom 3. Ever. He is so so amazing. He'd better win. His voice seriously gives me goose bumps.