Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Premiere Week: Monday

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."
No, not Christmas... FALL PREMIERE WEEK!

SPOILERS AHEAD!  You were warned!

Last night kicked off fall premiere week.  I started my night on CBS with the premiere of season 7 of How I Met Your Mother.
Last season left off at Barney's wedding.  All summer, we got to wonder who he married.  Obviously they didn't reveal it in the very first episode, duh!  Part one began with Barney and Ted reminiscing about when the gang went to Cleveland for Punchy's wedding.  Marshal and Lily are pregnant but not telling anyone.  In attempt to cover for his secretly pregnant wife, Marshal was drinking for two.  He obviously got stupid drunk and ruined Punchy's wedding by announcing that, "this beautiful woman is pregnant," meaning Lily but unknowingly revealing Punchy's wife's secret.  Funny, but not season premiere funny.

I guess the biggest surprise (and not even that big because we all saw it coming... kind of) was when Robin admitted that she still had feelings for Barney even though he is trying to win back Nora.  Remember, this is all a memory so Barney could be marrying Robin or Nora.  Barney and Robin did, however, have a pretty sweet dance break in the middle of Punchy's reception!

The second half, Marshal swears off drinking after seeing what a Google search revealed about his past.  He wanted a background check by a potential future employer (Martin Short) to be completely clean.  Again, funny but not season premiere funny.  BUT, Ted spotted an ex and did that dreamy, googly eyed, open mouth stare thing he does.  Could this be the "mother"?

---

Next, I tuned in to Ashton Kutcher's debut on Two and a Half Men.  Let me start by saying, I am not a regular watcher of this show.  I have seen episodes in the past but have never really gotten in to it.  I was intrigued by the ads and the "winning" Charlie Sheen's character being killed off.
I will not become a regular watcher.  I don't know that I even laughed once.  I did get a little excited when Dharma and Greg were looking at the beach house, though!  I miss them...

---

My night was complete with the season 4 premiere of Castle! 

Last season ended at Captain Montgomery's funeral.  Castle saw a flash of light out of the corner of his eye.  It was a sniper.  Beckett was shot.  Castle tried to save her and confessed his love for her.

This season picked up right where season 3 left off.  Castle, Lainey, Ryan, and Esposito all wait for news while Kate is in surgery.  Obviously she flat lines, and obviously she survives.  She tells Castle that she remembers nothing about the day she was shot, including Castle's confession.  She takes three months to recover and is back with fresh highlights in her hair.  Castle blames himself for what happened because he was pushing Beckett to dig into her mother's case. 

The rest of the show was a little predictable but still great.  In the end, Kate comes face to face with the suspect they were pursuing and freezes.  Castle talks her through it and she later confesses to her psychologist that she remembers everything from the day of the shooting.
Castle and Beckett in a stand-off

The ending was a little disturbing... in a good way!  It is revealed that Castle is obsessed with finding Kate's shooter.  His daughter, Alexis, questions why a writer is in the middle of a high stakes murder/conspiracy investigation.  I think she will grow up and become more involved this season.  I also think that maybe Castle will take on a less goofy role.  All I know is that it was awesome and I'm super excited for this season!

---

Tonight is the season premiere of Glee!  Unfortunately, I have to record it and watch it later... I know, right. 



Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments: