Monday, April 2, 2012

Selling Our House: An Update!

We put our house on the market on Thursday.  Less than 24 hours later, I got a call requesting a showing for Sunday.  Mike and I were in Indy for a little weekend getaway so it was perfect!  Feedback from the realtor was, "Shows nice, may be interested."

I went to pick the girls up on Sunday and Mike called me.  He said that there were two separate families that stopped by to get the number of our realtor off the sign.  I called our realtor to set up a time to go look at houses because we figured this would be a quick sale!  We need to get our ducks in a row!

About 30 minutes later, right as I was pulling up to our house, our realtor called me back requesting a showing for Monday (today) at 5:15.

We meet with our lender tonight to figure out our budget.  We meet with our realtor on Wednesday to look at houses.  This whole process is going just a tad bit faster than I had expected!  We are over the moon excited, but a little stressed!  I'm in the middle of planning Jaden's 5th birthday party (sneak peek coming soon!) and I have photos from a recent shoot that are begging to be edited!  It's all pretty nuts over here, but this is what we wanted, right?  My original goal was to be in a new house by July 1st.  It doesn't sound like that is going to be a problem...

Stick with me as blogging may take the back seat every now and then.  It's hard work keeping a spotless house  with four grubby hands touching everything!  In the meantime, if anyone is interested in helping out, you are more than welcome to stop by with a box!  Fill it up, label it, stack it in the garage and be on your merry way :o)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

good luck with everything!!!!