Friday, August 31, 2012

Big Girl Rite of Passage

"Are we changing earrings today?"  Taylor asks this every night!  The only thing is, she doesn't have her ears pierced... well, at least she didn't until last night!  Taylor has been showing an interest in J's earrings for a little while.  "I can't wait 'til I'm big so I can have earrings!"  With her birthday coming up, I thought this would be the perfect gift for her!  So, I made the appointment at the pediatrician's office (because it's so much better having trained professionals do this in a sterile environment than a kid at the mall with a part-time job).

First step was to clean her ear lobes!






Next, we tied her hair back... 

Then, she picked out her earrings!  She chose the "balls!"  

We had to wait a few minutes, so Jaden and Taylor entertained themselves (as well as Mom and myself) by copying all of the animals that decorated the room... 




Then, they came back to mark where the earrings would go. 


They got their guns lined up... 

1...2...3!



She was so brave!



They are beautiful!


Great job, Taylor Max!

1 comment:

Gill Family said...

I want to get Caroline's ears pierced so bad... but my hubby is so not game... maybe next year when she's 5...