Resolution Check-In for 2012
- Cross something else off of my Life List - I did! I crossed off # 8 and #32 at the Train concert. I also crossed off #33 and haven't looked back!
- Reach my goal weight and maintain it (within 2½ lbs.) throughout the year - Turning 30 has not been kind to my body! I did NOT reach this goal... ugh...
- Sell my house and move into our dream home - See #1... I know, this is cheating (kind of). It's ok though. The whole process was exhausting and totally deserves to get two spots on my list!
- Read 40 books... including a re-read from high school! - I DID IT, YOU GUYS!! I am so proud of myself for sticking to this! This year-long challenge is definitely in need of it's own post.
- Get caught up on the girls' birthday scrapbooks and our wedding scrapbook (finally!) - And this, my friends, is where I set myself up to fail. Why on earth did I think I should cram THREE books into one number when I also had #3 and #4 to tackle?! I met 1/3 of this goal by getting our wedding book completed... after our 6th year of marriage.
- Live one day at a time - I'm really proud of myself for this. This goal kind of goes with #7. I have tried really hard to be more easy-going. I have tried to leave bad work days at work and take a deep breath when I get home. I feel that I have definitely met this goal.
- Don't sweat the small stuff - Like I said, I'm trying really hard! Little things can get to me sometimes, but if I try to take a step back and look at those little things as part of the big picture, they don't seem so big :o)
- Make someone's day :o) - I'm very unsure on this one, but I'd like to think that I have succeeded. I like to do nice things for people just because. I don't expect any thing in return. I also don't expect praise or thanks. It just makes me feel good as a person to do little things to help out other people.
- Do what I love! - Every single day I do things I love and I do things I don't love. This is a very vague resolution, but I feel like I'm working toward a life with more LOVES than not. Actually, I really do feel like I'm there!
- Draw something again. - I really want to put pencil to paper again. The closest I came was painting Mike's cornhole boards. That was so relaxing and fun! I need to make time for myself to create more art.
My Resolutions for 2013
- Cross something else off of my Life List
- Finish the Great Kitchen Project of 2013
- Read 42 books... including the entire Harry Potter series!
- Get caught up on Jaden's birthday scrapbook
- Get promoted to Lead in my Scentsy business
- Take my kids on monthly "dates"
- Take a family vacation
- Start AND complete 71 craft projects
- SERIOUSLY lose 10 lbs and reintroduce exercise into my life regularly
- BLOG MORE!
Well, I have 364 days to do these ten things... Challenge accepted! Happy New Year!